We all know that sitting in your home is supposed to be relaxing and comfortable. However, if your HVAC unit is not working then the last feeling you might even think about experiencing is comfort. If the soaring temperatures in your home aren’t making you sweat to death then the impending repair bill just might do you in.
Keeping your system running and repair bills down should be music to anyone’s ears. With a few simple maintenance tips and tricks you can turn on those speakers because the music is coming. Here are some simple maintenance tips that will keep your unit running effectively and prevent costly repair bills.
- Pay Close Attention: Keep an eye on your unit. If you suspect that something is wrong, have Miller’s Services take a look at it. It’s better to catch the problem before it gets too big.
- Replace Air Filters: As a general rule of thumb, air filters should be replaced every 30 to 90 days. Running your HVAC system with dirty filters can cause massive amounts of damage to your units. Remember, the more people and pets living in your house the more often your air filter needs to be replaced.
- Clean Vents and Ducts: Just like your air filters, vents and ducts throughout your home can get dirty just as easily and quickly. It is best to clean your air vents as often as possible to prevent dirt and debris from getting into the ducts. Similarly, it would be a good idea to have your ducts inspected for tears, rips, and holes.
- Clean Around Your Outside Unit: Keeping the area surrounding your HVAC units clean can save you thousands of dollars worth of damage. Leaves, twigs, plants, and so much more can get inside your unit and cause damage. It is recommended that you cut back all plants about 3 feet and remove any branches or leaves from the area when you see them.
- Schedule an Annual Maintenance Check: Give us a call and schedule your annual maintenance check. Keeping your unit updated and checked will help to catch minor problems before they get too big. Afterall, a small fix will cost significantly less than a unit replacement.
Keeping your home cool and you comfortable is our goal. Don’t feel like you just got out of a pool in your own home, keep your HVAC system running with these simple tips. For any of your HVAC needs call the professionals at Miller’s Services at (804) 758-4314 or visit our website www.millers-va.com.