Nothing says summer like a barbeque or a plethora of fun outside activities that will surely make your sweat. Working up that sweat all day can be a fun time if done correctly, but if you return home only to find your house harboring temperatures similar to those outside then that fun can quickly disappear. As the temperatures outside continue to soar near triple digits, the last thing you want to see is the temperature in your home do the same.
Summer is nearly halfway over and the pressure to squeeze in all those last activities is felt. Keep the good times rolling, and your HVAC unit blasting. With some simple tips and tricks, you can keep your HVAC unit running smoothly for the rest of the summer. For the rest of the summer, try out these tips and tricks.
- Change Air Filters: Keeping your air filters clean will help to maintain your HVAC unit. With a clean unit comes limited problems. We recommend that you change your air filter every 30-90 days depending on how many people live in your home. The more people and pets that live there, the more often the filter needs to be changed.
- Set Thermostat Properly: Yes, we all want a nice cold home to come back to at the end of the day. However, turning your thermostat all the way down will actually cause you many problems. By setting your thermostat a few degrees warmer than usual you will prevent unnecessary stress and work on your unit while keeping your home cool and comfortable. Plus it will help you save on your electricity bill!
- Consider a Smart Thermostat: Technology is great and can help you save your HVAC unit. Piggy-backing off of setting your thermostat properly, installing smart thermostat’s throughout your home can save you money and your HVAC unit. These new thermostats will increase the temperature of your home while you are gone and decrease them again when you return.
- Create Shade for Your HVAC Unit: On a nice sunny day it is very relaxing to sit under an umbrella in the shade. Well, your HVAC unit would enjoy the same! Creating shade for your unit will keep it cool, minimizing how hard it has to work, and maximizes the effectiveness of cooling your home. Whether you need to build a fence or plant some bushes, your unit will thank you in the long run.
- Have Regular Maintenance Done: Keeping your unit maintained seems like a no-brainer. By keeping your unit maintained you can catch any problems before they get too big. Give Miller’s Services a call at (804) 758-4314 to have your unit’s maintenance done.
Don’t let the soaring temperature of summer cause you misery! Keeping your unit running smoothly this summer is easy with these simple tips and tricks. For any and all your HVAC needs, give the professionals at Miller’s Services a call at (804) 758-4314 or visit our website, www.millers-va.com, for more information!